Oct. 4, 2022 at 9:00AM.
Join us for Diversity Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Dialogue – The Power of Perspective: Talk, Listen, Respect, Repeat. Hyper partisanship. Yelling. Cursing. Insults. A little drama is expected when people with differing and sometimes clashing views and personalities interact—but it’s an issue when the drama around political and social issues mirror a Jerry Springer reality show.
Join Nolan Finley and Stephen Henderson, Detroit journalists and founders of the Civility Project, for an interactive, virtual session on how we can build civility in relationships, workplaces and communities and put civility-building tactics into action.
In This Session You’ll Learn How To:
- Agree to disagree
- Engage in civil conversation
- Build respect for each other’s humanity
- Listen to other perspectives
- Use what you hear to challenge or affirm your own views
- Stay curious
- Agree to always return to the conversation
- See the person beyond their politics
- Understand that a conversation is not a competition
Pulitzer Prize-Winning Journalist