The Michigan Chamber provides Certificate of Origin services through an online portal that is secure, simple, fast and convenient. You can trust the Michigan Chamber to serve your export documentation needs.
For questions regarding certificates of origin and the CertifyMichigan program, contact Terese McInnis at 517-371-7657 or email@example.com.
WHAT IS A CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN?
A Certificate of Origin (CO) is an important international trade document attesting that goods in a particular export shipment are wholly obtained, produced, manufactured or processed in a particular country. In order to be valid, the certificate of origin must be signed by the exporter, and countersigned by a chamber of commerce.
WHY DO I NEED ONE?
The commodity being exported and its destination determine if the CO is required. The purpose of the CO is to authenticate the country of origin of the merchandise being shipped (where it was made). It all depends on the rules and regulations of the country where the shipment is going.
HOW DOES THE MI CHAMBER CERTIFYMICHIGAN PROGRAM WORK?
- Complete the enrollment form and letter of indemnity in Adobe Acrobat, print it, sign it and fax/email it
- Once your form is processed, you will receive login information for the online portal
- Log in to complete a new Certificate of Origin application whenever you need one
- Your request will be processed the same day if received by 3 p.m., unless the Chamber is closed (weekend, holiday, emergencies)
- You will receive an email when your CO application has been processed at which time you can log in to print it off or resubmit it if you had missing information
WHY SHOULD I USE CERTIFYMICHIGAN?
- Easy, Online Access: All electronic with no travel, mail or trips to the Chamber; Electronic notifications, receipts; Easily copy, edit, resubmit previous applications and rejections online
- Trustworthy: Ensures export compliance; processed by qualified and certified Chamber staff; system identifies errors in advance
- User-Friendly: System takes you step-by-step for successful application
- As Needed: Simply pay as you use; no upfront fees; no training needed
- Fast Turnaround: Documents certified by Chamber staff and returned quickly
- Customer Support: Available by phone or email
WHAT IS THE COST?
- $25 (USD) for Michigan Chamber members per certified document
- $50 (USD) for future Michigan Chamber members per certified document
- Shipping and handling fees apply if you don’t select the DIY printing option.
- We accept through the online portal, in partnership with TradeCert.
WHAT IF I AM HAVING TECHNICAL DIFFICULTY WITH THE ONLINE PORTAL?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for any computer issues you are experiencing as it relates to the online portal.