Advocacy News – June 16, 2022
Which candidates earned the Chamber’s endorsement based on their support or understanding of the issues and factors that most impact our state’s job providers and the importance of a resilient, thriving economy that works for all?
From Tudor Dixon in the Republican gubernatorial primary to 83 candidates for Michigan legislative office, here is the Chamber’s assessment and 2022 endorsements to date.
Announcements and resources:
- 2021-22 Job Provider Index Legislative Voting Record
- June 16: Michigan Chamber endorses Tudor Dixon in Republican primary for governor
- June 13: Michigan Chamber announces endorsements for candidates in 28 State House, 9 Senate races
- June 10: Michigan Chamber announces endorsements for Congressional candidates, Michigan Supreme Court
- June 9: Michigan Chamber announces “Earned Endorsements” for State House, Senate incumbents
As MI Chamber VP of Business Advocacy and Member Engagement Wendy Block said: “As the economy tightens and historic inflation, workforce shortages and supply chain issues continue, public policy issues that affect Michigan’s job providers are more important than ever. We want to help ensure candidates who are pragmatic problem solvers, can work collaboratively and understand Michigan businesses. We all benefit from a stronger Michigan that works for our employers, communities and families.”
Contact Wendy Block with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 517-371-7678.