Davenport University and the Michigan Chamber of Commerce have partnered to ensure that leading companies in the state can provide educational benefits to employees. The new Corporate Education Scholarship, offered to Michigan Chamber of Commerce member companies, provides scholarships ranging from $2,500 to $5,000 per employee.
- Scholarships are offered on a tiered system for the number and size of scholarships based on eligible employees.
- The scholarships can be used by new Davenport students only for undergraduate or graduate degree studies at any Davenport campus.
- Key locations for Davenport include Grand Rapids, Detroit, Warren, Lansing, Midland and Holland, with additional locations within University Centers in Kalamazoo, Traverse City and Flint at community colleges across the state. Davenport’s online Global Campus is accessible anywhere.
- Scholarships will be named after and co-branded with your company.
Benefits to your organization and employees
Davenport’s Corporate Education Scholarship has its advantages inside your organization and out. Benefits include:
- Improves employee knowledge and abilities
- Helps to attract and retain your best employees
- Expands your education reimbursement investment
- Improves employee satisfaction, motivation and morale
- Demonstrates your commitment to employee development
- Enhances your reputation as an organization committed to its staff
- Reduces employee turnover
For your employees, the scholarship opens the door to personal and professional growth; a degree that may have seemed unattainable would be well within reach. Benefits include:
- Opens a new path for internal career mobility and advancement
- Reduces the financial burden to pursue education
- Provides an opportunity for employees to take greater ownership over their professional development
- Increases degree completion through the options of online and in-seat programs
- Establishes and grows co-worker relationships
Our unique scholarship | Your competitive advantage
For over 150 years, Davenport University has been the place for adults to advance their knowledge, skills and abilities to excel in the marketplace and add value to their employers. There is an increasing need to invest in your most important asset: your employees. A degree from Davenport takes the leading academic thought and rigor, blended with applied learning techniques, to solve today’s business challenges.
How does the Corporation Education Scholarship Program work? Eligibility for organizations to receive the scholarship is contingent upon meeting the following guidelines:
- Complete the application process
- Provide tuition remission or reimbursement
- Provide a copy of organization’s mission, vision and values
- Be in good standing with the state of Michigan business entity
- Demonstrate active involvement in their community
- Demonstrate involvement in employee education