$170 Members / $195 Future Members
There are many factors involved when trying to determine what your business is worth. Whether you are interested in selling your business now, plan to prepare for that eventuality or simply want to know how much it is worth, join us for this three-hour seminar as we explore useful business valuation techniques.
All paid registrants will receive free access to a 15-minute online confidential test that will generate a salability score unique to their business. Bring your score to the seminar so you can gain a deeper understanding of what it means for you and how your business could be received in the market today.
What you will learn:
- 8 drivers of business value and how they impact your salability score.
- Drivers of business sales and the concept of valuing a business with the take-away that business owners must understand:
- what are SDE and multiples; and
- how do they relate to business value.
- Real world example of a business valuation including:
- The difference between EBITDA, SDE, and Cash Flow
- determination of SDE;
- applying weighting to SDE;
- selecting an appropriate SDE multiple;
- check of reasonableness of valuation;
- how a typical business sale translates to cash at closing; and
- a review of the forecasted sale of the example business through bankers’ eyes
- A primer in the importance of SBA (Small Business Administration) banking in business transactions
- Escaping the owner’s trap
- Questions (group and one-on-one)
Michael S. Greengard, president of Praxis Business Brokers, has been involved full time in business brokerage since 2005. He has sold more than 150 mid-market and main street businesses along with both large and small franchise resales, bringing nearly $300,000,000 of business sales value to his clients. Prior to entering business brokerage, Mr. Greengard spent 25 years in industry. He was actively involved as a partner or 100% owner in a number of mid-market manufacturers.
Three (3) credits for the MI Chamber Basic or Advanced Tax Policy and Finance Program.
Three (3) credits under the guidelines of the Michigan State Board of Accountancy.