$270 Members / $295 Future Members
Organizations need a consistent source of training for current, newly-promoted and newly-hired supervisors and managers. Join us for this proven training program that provides supervisors and managers with the core skills they need to be better and more effective.
- Learn about the true role of a supervisor.
- Acquire coaching skills to positively influence change.
- Develop techniques to help navigate difficult employee conversations.
- Note a marked improvement in productivity, morale and retention of staff.
Fundamentals of Successful Supervision and Performance Development
- Learn the core roles of a supervisor and manager.
- Obtain techniques to monitor and develop the skills and productivity of staff.
- Learn techniques on opening communication channels and influencing improvement in performance.
- Develop tactics on how to coach employees to meet performance and behavior expectations.
- Understand the importance of following up and holding individuals accountable.
Corrective Action and Avoiding HR Risk Areas
- Learn which actions to take to effectively address ability and behavior issues.
- Discover easy ways to document occurrences and discuss concerns.
- Avoid potential landmines related to harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
- Get tips on following through to the end.
Jodi Schafer is a certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and the Owner of Human Resource Management Services, LLC. Jodi has a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and Education from Kalamazoo College and over ten years of experience "in the trenches" of human resource management. Jodi sits on several statewide committees focused on Human Resource policy and leadership development. She writes a monthly H.R. column for various industry publications and conducts speaking engagements and training seminars on all aspects of human resources.
Six (6) credits for the MI Chamber Basic or Advanced Management and Supervision Certification Program.
Five and one half (5.5) HR (General) recertification credit hours for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Five and one half (5.5) PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
See what previous attendees have to say:
"Jodi is a great speaker and wonderful presenter. She has a great deal of knowledge that was very useful. She kept me engaged during the entire training! It was a great experience!"
"Jodi was a phenomenal speaker. She engaged the audience and made the material relatable. This was the most valuable training I have received to date."
“She was engaging, realistic and thorough. Her information was able to be put into use immediately. I did find one piece of her information to be more of an opinion and not fact, which caused me some panic and confusion in my workplace.” – Lindsey Daines, Chief Financial Credit Union.
“Jody was engaging and had a great sense of humor (this is important to me). She made it easy to pay attention and answered our questions when asked. Her explanations were very "to the point" and were generally backed up with her real world experience.” – Tavis Dollaway, Great Lakes Stainless