Nov. 10, 2021
9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
The Michigan Chamber Presents
Strengthening Supplier Diversity
The pandemic revealed the fragility of the modern supply chain, forcing companies to reimagine their procurement functions, how they operate and the new capabilities they need. This session will help you rethink your approach to acquisition and how a commitment to diversifying your supplier network might give you a critical competitive advantage, helping to mitigate risk across supply chains, win new business, retain customers and reinforce brand reputation.
The program will also highlight how to start sourcing goods and services from minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, LGBT-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned, historically underutilized businesses and U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) defined small business vendors. With forward thinking supply chain management, companies and suppliers can benefit immensely from doing business together.
Issues this event will explore:
- What are supplier diversity initiatives?
- Why is supplier diversity important?
- The data suggests supplier diversity can give companies a competitive advantage and help win new business, retain customers and reinforce brand reputation…but how? What kind of return on investment does it have?
- If you’re a diverse supplier (e.g., minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, LGBT-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned, historically underutilized businesses and/or small business vendor), should you seek out a diversity certification? Should you self-certify or should you apply for organizational credentials? What does either involve? How do you get word out that you’re a diverse vendor?
- If you’re a company looking to build out its supply chain, how do you get started? What would be a good first step? How do you begin to identify diverse suppliers/vendors
Vice President Corporate Services, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
President & CEO, The Right Place
Nov 10, 2021
9 AM – 10 A.M.
As the Michigan Chamber Presents
STRENGTHENING SUPPLIER DIVERSITY
If you are interested in sponsoring a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion event or series, please contact Amanda Toy.
About the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion event series:
The Michigan Chamber Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Series seeks to encourage, support and educate employers on the importance of building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace environment. Through meaningful conversations and clear opportunities for action, participants will gain a better understanding of the business case for DEI, hear different perspectives and experiences and identify ways we can work together to make DEI a strategic priority.