$270 Members / $295 Future Members
Organizations need a consistent source of training for current, newly-promoted and newly-hired supervisors and managers. We have provided that at the Michigan Chamber for over 15 years with dynamic, interactive trainers that make it fun and educational for all participants. Please join us for this proven training program that provides supervisors and managers with the core skills they need to be better and more effective and learn why organizations send employees year-after-year.
- Learn about the true role of a supervisor.
- Acquire coaching skills to positively influence change.
- Develop techniques to help navigate difficult employee conversations.
- Note a marked improvement in productivity, morale and retention of staff.
Fundamentals of Successful Supervision and Performance Development
- Learn the core roles of a supervisor and manager.
- Obtain techniques to monitor and develop the skills and productivity of staff.
- Learn techniques on opening communication channels and influencing improvement in performance.
- Develop tactics on how to coach employees to meet performance and behavior expectations.
- Understand the importance of following up and holding individuals accountable.
Corrective Action and Avoiding HR Risk Areas
- Learn which actions to take to effectively address ability and behavior issues.
- Discover easy ways to document occurrences and discuss concerns.
- Avoid potential landmines related to harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
- Get tips on following through to the end.
Jodi Schafer, Owner of Human Resource Management Services, LLC, is a certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR, SHRM-SCP). She has 15 years of experience in Human Resource management and sits on several statewide committees focused on Human Resource policy and leadership development. She is also a regular contributor to various industry publications and author of a ready-to-use HR system for small employers. Jodi conducts speaking engagements and training seminars on all aspects of human resources including Employee Relations, Leadership Skills, Performance Development, Onboarding, Recruitment and Retention.
Six (6) credits for the MI Chamber Basic or Advanced Management and Supervision Certification Program.
Five and one half (5.5) HR (General) recertification credit hours for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Five and one half (5.5) PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
See what previous attendees have to say:
“Jodi goes above and beyond to ensure that the class understands what she is talking about. She ensures that it is interactive and opens the floor to questions and comments. Jodi does not let the class getting boring and dull, she allows you to learn in a positive environment!" – Cystal Florence, TRMI, Inc.
“Jodi was engaging and had a great sense of humor (this is important to me). She made it easy to pay attention and answered our questions when asked. Her explanations were very "to the point" and were generally backed up with her real world experience.” – Tavis Dollaway, Great Lakes Stainless
“Jodi is a very knowledgeable presenter and I like her frank and practical presentation delivery.” – Mark Stec, City of Farmington Hills