$470 Members / $495 Future Members
($50 discount for registrants from the same company)
It is critical to keep your employees safe and your facility in compliance with OSHA and MIOSHA standards. Please join us for this day-and-a-half course to learn about the most significant and important OSHA standards and topics for general industry and an intensive review of current topics in the area of occupational safety and health compliance.
When you successfully complete the 10-hour course, you will earn an official federal OSHA general industry course completion card to show your commitment to workplace safety and health and overall understanding of workplace hazards.
NOTE: There will be an opportunity in March to take a 20-Hour Course to complete your 30-Hour certification. It qualifies as long as you complete it within six months from the same instructor.
DAY ONE: 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Introduction to OSHA
- OSHA Most Cited Violations
- Inspections, Citations and Penalties
- Subpart D: Walking and Working Surfaces
- Subpart E: Route of Exits
- Subpart L: Fire Protection
- Subpart Z: Hazard Communications
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Subpart O: Machine Guarding
DAY TWO: 8:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- Subpart S: Electrical Safety
- Subpart S: Electrical Safety Related Work Practices
- Subpart J: Lockout/Tagout
- Subpart H: Hazardous Materials
- Confined Space
* Subject to change, if OSHA updates program requirements.
Wilder H. Allen, President of Safety Management Corporation, one of the leading OSHA training and compliance companies in the nation, is a federal OSHA authorized instructor for general industry and construction. He has over 30 years of professional experience in the construction, general, heavy equipment and utility industries and is a former OSHA compliance officer trainer.
Nine (9) credits for the MI Chamber Basic or Advanced Environmental, Health & Safety Compliance Certification Program.
Ten (10) HR (General) recertification credit hours for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Ten (10) PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.