$270 Members / $295 Future Members
Hiring people is easy. Hiring the right people at the right wage is very hard. No one gets it right every time, but we can help improve your results dramatically by showing you the latest techniques and methods for finding, recruiting and hiring the best candidates available.
Please join us for this comprehensive, one-day seminar to learn how to create a comprehensive recruitment plan to meet the needs of your organization and get a deeper understanding of best practices for recruiting the right people.
What you will learn:
- The hiring process model for different positions and why it’s important.
- Defining the target position is how it relates to others.
- Deciding what you are looking for in a candidate and why.
- Creative and innovative ideas for marketing and finding the best candidates.
- Best internet strategies for finding the very best for your needs.
- Using social media the right way to get the best results and limit liability.
- Interview techniques and processes that provide results.
- Tracking your candidates, your process, and your results.
- Automated recruitment processes that will keep you efficient, timely and organized.
- The basics of Applicant Tracking Systems, and how to maximize efficiency and results.
- Dealing with corporate politics that interfere with your recruiting.
- The legal details: How to not get sued and typical recruitment mistakes.
- Recruitment metrics: How to know if your recruitment is as good as it should be.
Steve Muth, owner of HR Bones, a Human Resources consulting and training firm, is a Human Resources professional with over 30 years of experience working in industry and government. Steve has a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology and a Master’s in Human Resources and Labor Relations, both from Michigan State University. He also holds two certificates in HR: Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and Senior Certified Professional (SCP), the highest levels of certification.
Six (6) credits for the MI Chamber Basic or Advanced Human Resource Compliance.
Five and a half (5.5) HR (General) recertification credit hours for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Five and a half (5.5) PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.