Michigan is well-positioned to attract global customers as a manufacturing leader and innovator. Global trade is a key component of the state’s economy, representing hundreds of thousands of jobs. Ninety-five percent of consumers are located outside the U.S. so the ability to grow and compete globally is crucial. The Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) offers business assistance in identifying and pursuing global market.
The international trade program supports Michigan businesses that want to start or expand export activities with initiatives to:
- Increase awareness of export opportunities and resources
- Strengthen the knowledge and skills required for success in international markets
- Introduce Michigan companies to promising export markets
- Deliver on-the-ground support in key Michigan export markets
- Arrange financial assistance for qualified export development activities
Regionally-based international trade managers work with companies to identify their export development objectives and recommend appropriate export programs and resources. These resources include small business support services, international trade office assistance, and events such as educational opportunities, cultural programs, and international trade shows and missions.
The Michigan Chamber of Commerce supports exporting through the CertifyMichiganTM program, which provides electronic Certificate of Origin services through an online portal that is secure, simple and fast. You can trust the Michigan Chamber to serve your export documentation needs.