$75 Members / $95 Future Members
$20 discount per webinar if register for entire HIPAA, COBRA & ERISA Series. (Just add both webinars to cart.)
HIPAA and COBRA have been evolving sometimes quietly and sometimes due to major changes. For example, compliance audits and expanded scope have made HIPAA a more prominent concern for a vastly larger number of companies than ever before. COBRA has been affected in significant ways by the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and is an increasingly sticky issue in corporate transactions. This is in addition to the changes in best practices, shifts in expectations and popular trends. So please join us for this 60-minute webinar to ensure you are fully compliant with HIPAA and COBRA laws as they exist today.
What You Will Learn:
- How to determine if you are subject to HIPAA (you might be surprised by the answer).
- What it takes to be in compliance with HIPAA.
- Tips for common problems associated with HIPAA.
- What the HIPAA audit process looks like.
- Practical tips for COBRA compliance.
- COBRA and the ACA: does COBRA have a future and what might it look like.
- COBRA and corporate transactions.
- Recent trends in HIPAA and COBRA.
Charles M. Russman is an attorney with Bodman Law Group in Troy and has extensive experience with virtually every type of employee benefit and executive compensation. He assists numerous clients with regulatory compliance in areas that require significant expertise, including HIPAA, Healthcare reform, Internal Revenue Code, ERISA, COBRA and governmental benefits such as Social Security and Medicare. Charles frequently speaks on healthcare reform, HIPAA and other employee benefit and executive compensation issues.
One (1) credit for the MI Chamber Basic or Advanced Human Resource Compliance Certification Program.
One (1) HR (General) recertification credit hour for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
One (1) PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
* HIPAA, COBRA & ERISA Webinar Series: