This course has reached its capacity. To be placed on a waiting list, please call Jennifer at 517-371-7650 or email.
Organizations need a consistent source of training for current, newly-promoted and newly-hired supervisors and managers. Let Michigan Chamber Services lend you a hand in this proven training program, so all supervisors and managers can get the core skills needed to be better and more effective.
- Learn about the true role of a supervisor
- Note a marked improvement in effectively supervising staff
- See an increase in productivity, retention of staff and morale
- Learn from other organizations what they are doing
- Earn a Supevisor & Manager Certification
SESSION 1: Fundamentals of Successful Supervision
(Day One, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
- Learn the core roles of a supervisor and manager
- Obtain techniques to monitor and develop the skills and productivity of staff
- Learn fundamental and immediately applicable communication skills that will assure understanding and reduce errors.
SESSION 2: Employee Performance Development
(Day One, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Learn how to communicate what is expected of the job
- Discover ways to objectively evaluate an employee's performance
- Learn techniques on opening communication channels and influencing improvement in performance
- Understand the importance of following up and holding individuals accountable
- Tactics on how to coach employees to meet performance and behavior expectations
SESSION 3: Effective Employee Discipline
(Day Two, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
- Discover easy ways to effectively document occurrences
- Learn to determine which actions to take
- Get tips on following through to the end
EXPERT PRESENTER: Toni Talbot is the owner of Human Resources Management Services, LLC (HRMS), a firm she began in 1995. With over 20 years of experience in Human Resources, Toni works with various companies and organizations to help them manage their employee resources.