$75 Members / $95 Future Members
$20 discount per webinar if register for entire HIPAA, COBRA & ERISA Series. (Just add both webinars* to cart.)
ERISA has been around long enough that some employers assume no additional steps need to be taken to be in compliance and that after all this time, nothing much new is happening. In this one 60-minute webinar, we will dispel each of these myths and explore what should be done, when to do it and what the cutting edge of ERISA looks like (Hint: it is often more time and cost efficient that it used to be.)
What You Will Learn:
- What the government is most often looking into and what that means for your business.
- Common pitfalls and compliance problems.
- Tips for keeping your plans in legal compliance.
- Pension liabilities and corporate transactions: what to look for if you are buying or being bought.
- Health, vision and dental plans: changes and updates beyond ACA.
- Final fiduciary rules: what they mean for employers.
- Recent trends and new options for plans.
Charles M. Russman is an attorney with Bodman Law Group in Troy and has extensive experience with virtually every type of employee benefit and executive compensation. He assists numerous clients with regulatory compliance in areas that require significant expertise, including HIPAA, Healthcare reform, Internal Revenue Code, ERISA, COBRA and governmental benefits such as Social Security and Medicare. Charles frequently speaks on healthcare reform, HIPAA and other employee benefit and executive compensation issues.
One (1) credit for the MI Chamber Basic or Advanced Human Resource Compliance Certification Program.
One (1) HR (General) recertification credit hour for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
One (1) PDC for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
* HIPAA, COBRA & ERISA Webinar Series: