$170 Members / $195 Future Members
Conflict in the workplace is inevitable. But if managed effectively, you can prevent conflict from breaking down relationships and destroying good teamwork. Please join us for this half-day seminar to learn how to manage difficult circumstances with confidence, professionalism, and tact.
What You Will Learn:
- The definition of conflict, including its sources and potential positive and negative consequences .
- How past experiences with conflict have shaped the way you typically deal with conflict.
- Common conflict management styles and which style reflects how you typically manage conflict.
- De-escalation skills for dealing with anger – yours and theirs.
- A problem-solving approach to successful conflict management.
- Three conflict management strategies you can incorporate into your daily life.
Bob VandePol, Director of Pine Rest Christian Mental Health Services' Employee Assistance Program, helps business leaders leverage behavioral health expertise to enhance the health and productivity of their work teams. Active as a keynote speaker and author, his areas of particular interest include suicide prevention, leading mission-driven teams and facilitating individual and organizational resilience after tragedies.
Three (3) credits for the MI Chamber Basic or Advanced Human Resource Compliance and Management & Supervision Certification Program.
Three (3) HR (General) recertification credit hours for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Three (3) PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.