It's National Small Business Week and the Michigan Chamber is joining the celebration by shining a spotlight on the 870,000 small businesses in communities across Michigan. We honor them and thank them for the hard work they do every day to provide products and services to Michiganders to keep our state moving forward.
To help our small business members, the Michigan Chamber established an online Small Business Center designed to be a one-stop shop for all things small business. Please take a moment to visit at https://smallbusiness.michamber.com to learn more.
Did You Know...
- Michigan ranks 10th in the country for its number of small businesses.
- 99.6% of all businesses in Michigan are small businesses.
- Michigan ranks 5th in the country for its percent of businesses that are small.
- Michigan small businesses employ 1.8 million people, or 49.2% of the private workforce.
- If the 77 million small business employees in the U.S. were a country, it would be the 17th most populous country in the world.
As part of National Small Business Week, the US Small Business Administration has planned the following events:
- FREE National Small Business Week Virtual Conference on May 7-8 from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. ET. This virtual conference will offer exclusive educational webinars, mentoring sessions, networking opportunities, downloadable resources and prizes. You will hear from industry experts, such as Visa, Chase, Constant Contact, Square and Google about the latest business trends and best practices. Register now.
- Join @SBAgov for the National Small Business Week Twitter Chat on May 10 at Noon ET. SBA will be sharing tips and resources about how to start and grow a business with hashtag #SmallBusinessWeek.