To you, their salaries are just a line item in the budget. To your employees, they're much more.
Your employees are your business, so ignore the following truths at your peril:
- Policy, schmolicy: Employees talk.
- They think about their pay a lot more than you do.
- They’ll let you take advantage.
- They don’t care about pay scales.
- When you negotiate, you both lose.
- No matter how much you pay, it’s not enough.
- Reasonable pay is okay.
Read the whole article at Inc.com.
Through the Michigan Chamber’s partnership with WageAccess, you can gain access to valuable Compensation, Benefits, Pay Practices and Incentive Pay information and trends in the State of Michigan, and across the United States. Learn more about discounts offered to Chamber members.