It's easy for small businesses to be energy-conscious and save money at the same time. We've all received emails with signatures that ask, "Do you really need to print this email?" If you do have to, an easy, cost-efficient solution could be to print using both sides of the page.
Shelling out for energy-efficient appliances now could help you save in the long run. Thermal paint windows, upgraded furnaces, or switching to solar power lighting may seem like unnecessary expenses, but can be sound long-term investments.
- Turning off work PCs and laptops.
- Avoid additional waste by using power strips.
- Buy more efficient water coolers.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with energy efficient compact fluorescent lamps.
- Buy energy efficient office supplies.
- Recycle. Recycle. Recycle.
- Try and switch to daylighting by using natural light.
- Install dimmers and motion sensors.
- Instead of paper towels, switch to hand dryers.
- Consider the office's water use.
For more details and information on ways your business can save energy and money, view this full article by Business Insider.
The Michigan Chambers Utility & Telecom Savings program can help you to identify other ways to save money on your utility and telecommunications bills. Through our exclusive partnership with Tenurgy, we are able to perform a thorough analysis of your utility billing, leading to past financial recovery and ongoing monthly savings.