$270 members / $295 future members
Michigan’s complicated unemployment compensation system has seen numerous changes over the past several years, which is why we hold this comprehensive, one-day seminar each year. Join us to learn how Michigan’s unemployment compensation system works, how the recent changes impact your business, how to protect your company from being over-charged and over-assessed, and how to handle unemployment hearings.
We will also discuss how to handle unemployment identity theft issues. Employers are getting hit with thousands of such claims, making this a huge issue for HR departments. Though not widely publicized, unemployment identity theft is becoming a big problem you should know how to handle before it happens.
You Will Learn How:
- To deal with the new claims process and procedures from MUA.
- These changes can impact your company's costs.
- Your company's unemployment tax rate is computed.
- You can reduce your company's unemployment exposures and tax rate.
- Former employees qualify for and draw unemployment benefits.
- To develop best practices to be better prepared for an unemployment claim.
- To monitor the claims process to eliminate errors and stop invalid claims.
- To present information to the unemployment agency for protests & appeals.
- To prepare for future changes in the claims process.
- To use the new claims process to your advantage.
- To prepare for an unemployment hearing.
- To handle identity theft issues.
Brian Gmerick of F.A.R. Management has been presenting for the Michigan Chamber for over ten years and receives excellent reviews based on presentation content, style, pace, knowledge, and experience. F.A.R. Management was formed in 1987 to provide unemployment expertise to the employer community; they provide administrative, consulting and educational services to employers concerning unemployment activity and related costs. Because unemployment is all they do, they bring unparalleled expertise to this very costly area.
Six (6) credits for the MI Chamber Basic or Advanced Human Resource and Tax Policy and Finance Compliance Certification Compliance Certification Program.
Five (5) HR (General) recertification credit hours for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Five (5) PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.
Five (5) credits under the guidelines of the Michigan State Board of Accountancy.