$270 members / $295 non-members
Organizations need a consistent source of training for current, newly-promoted and newly-hired supervisors and managers. Let Michigan Chamber Services lend you a hand in this proven training program, so all supervisors and managers can get the core skills needed to be better and more effective.
- Learn about the true role of a supervisor
- Note a marked improvement in effectively supervising staff
- See an increase in productivity, retention of staff and morale
- Learn from other organizations what they are doing
- Earn a Supevisor & Manager Certification
SESSION 1: Fundamentals of Successful Supervision
(Day One, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
- Learn the core roles of a supervisor and manager
- Obtain techniques to monitor and develop the skills and productivity of staff
- Learn fundamental and immediately applicable communication skills that will assure understanding and reduce errors.
SESSION 2: Employee Performance Development
(Day One, 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
- Learn how to communicate what is expected of the job
- Discover ways to objectively evaluate an employee's performance
- Learn techniques on opening communication channels and influencing improvement in performance
- Understand the importance of following up and holding individuals accountable
- Tactics on how to coach employees to meet performance and behavior expectations
SESSION 3: Effective Employee Discipline
(Day Two, 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.)
- Discover easy ways to effectively document occurrences
- Learn to determine which actions to take
- Get tips on following through to the end
Jodi Schafer is a certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and the Owner of Human Resource Management Services, LLC. Jodi has a Bachelor's degree in Psychology and Education from Kalamazoo College and over ten years of experience "in the trenches" of human resource management. Jodi sits on several statewide committees focused on Human Resource policy and leadership development. She writes a monthly H.R. column for various industry publications and conducts speaking engagements and training seminars on all aspects of human resources including Employee Relations, Leadership Skills, Coaching, Performance Development, On-boarding, Recruitment and Retention.
The Michigan Chamber is an approved provider of the HR Certification Institute and this program has been submitted for review.