$470 Members / $495 Future Members
($50 discount for additional regsitrants from the same company)
($100 discount if same registrant also attends the Forklift Safety/Material Handling Course. Please call Tammy at 517-371-7670.)
Keep your employees safe and your facility in compliance with OSHA and MIOSHA standards. Join us for this 10-Hour course to get an excellent overview of the most significant and important OSHA standards and topics for general industry and an intensive review of current topics in the area of occupational safety and health compliance. When you successfully complete the 10-hour course, you will earn an official federal OSHA general industry course completion card.
DAY ONE: 8:00A-5:00P – 10-Hr CLASS
- OSHA Intro w/most cited standards, citations and penalties, recordkeeping info
- Walking and working surfaces w/basics of fall protection, Subpart D
- Exits, emergency action plans, fire prevention and protection plans, Subparts E and L
- Electrical and lockout/tagout (LOTO) basics w/NFPA 70E, MIOSHA Parts 40 and 85, Subpart S
- Bloodborne pathogens, Subpart Z
- Personal protective equipment, Subpart I
DAY TWO: 8:00A-11:00A – 10-Hr CLASS
- Industrial hygiene intro, Subpart Z
- Hazard communication, Subpart Z
- Hazardous materials, Subpart H
- End of 10-hr class
The agenda is based upon OSHA’s program requirements updated in April 2017. Michigan Chamber reserves the right to change the topics in the event of changes issued by OSHA.
Laura A. Simms, CSP, SHRM-CP, is a safety specialist for a stamping plant at a major automotive manufacturer. She is also an authorized OSHA general industry outreach trainer. Laura’s classes are full of fun, engaging activities to demonstrate concepts and reinforce key learning objectives. If you want to sit still, her class is not the place for you! Each topic has practical exercises and real-world examples, taught with passion, humor, energy, and empathy. Laura earned her occupational health and safety specialist certificate at Eastern Michigan University, her master’s degree at Central Michigan University, and her bachelor’s degree at Wayne State.
Nine (9) credits for the MI Chamber Basic or Advanced Environmental, Health & Safety Compliance Certification Program.
Ten (10) HR (General) recertification credit hours for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Ten (10) PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.