Employment laws are complex and ever-changing and that puts businesses at risk for huge financial penalties as a result of non-compliance. This is why the Michigan Chamber set up a FREE Labor Law Hotline where members can get information to protect their business and comply with current federal and state labor employment laws.
Members can depend on the Labor Law Hotline for access to information such as:
- New and pending labor and employment laws and decisions which significantly impact your business;
- Protecting your business against discrimination claims in such areas as sex, sexual harassment, race, handicap, age, and others;
- Dealing with drugs, alcohol, and substance abuse testing in the workplace;
- Maintaining a union-free workplace;
- Avoid employee lawsuits;
- Development of employee handbooks and policies;
- Affirmative action programs;
- Unions, union activity, collective bargaining and arbitration.
If your inquiry requires follow-up advice and counsel of an attorney, or if there are subsequent calls and/or conferences on the same topic as the initial call, a separate professional fee will be charged based on the attorney's hourly rate. This legal work will be entirely at your option.
Members can call the Michigan Chamber at 1-800-748-0266 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to get the Labor Law Hotline toll-free number.