Strong union opposition did not prevent Michigan, the bastion of labor, from becoming the 24th right to work state in the nation and they have experienced unabated decline in members across the country and in Michigan for some time now. Despite these apparent setbacks, unions are planning a major comeback, with or without legislative help. Employers are being targeted for organizing and your organization may be on the list. However, there are effective means of avoiding the union organizing drive, and defeating the union organizing campaign.
Attend this half day program to discover how to remain union free. You will understand the union business, the union sell and its key advantages and then learn the short-term and long-term strategies to avoid unions in your workplace. This is a must-attend critical program to stay ahead of the curve.
Employers will get what they absolutely must know to stay ahead of union strategies and to keep unions from entering their workplace.
- Understand the union business model and its weakness;
- Grasp the subtle impact of right to work on union behavior;
- Appreciate what unions must do to recover and grow;
- Learn new union strategies to rebuild the union business;
- Understand how unions organize, what unions sell, and why employees are organized;
- Be aware of how NLRB influences union success in organizing;
- Know what advantages union have and how to overcome them; and
- Learn the short-range and long-range winning strategies to build and maintain a positive workplace.
Steven J. Fishman is chair of the acclaimed Workplace Law Group within Bodman PLC, a leading business law firm. As one of the Chamber's most popular, experienced and knowledgeable speakers on labor and employment law matters, Steve has over 40 years' experience in labor and employment law representing employers as labor counsel. His forte is finding innovative solutions to workplace problem for employers in the private and public sectors.