Call Tammy Smith at 517-371-7670 to be added to the waiting list -OR- attend the Novi class.
$270 Members / $295 Future Members
Take your supervisor skills to the next level with this highly engaging and interactive program with a top-rated trainer. This comprehensive one-day seminar will help you to become a more effective communicator, problem-solver and motivator and draw out the potential of employees.
What You Will Learn:
- Be an Exceptional Leader
- Develop your leadership skills so you can build your value
- Develop intelligent growth programs for those on your staff
- Help other managers lead, even if they don’t report to you
- Mentor and develop others so you leave a legacy of leadership and loyalty
- Learn to lead people of different personalities, cultures and generations
- Prepare for individual performance reviews
- Be a Powerful Communicator
- Inspire courtesy and respect by building cooperation and consensus, not conflict
- Learn what documentation to keep and be sure to document good and bad
- Deliver your message effectively to get faster results
- Set clear expectations to improve performance
- Reward good behavior so you see more of it
- Quit holding meetings to yell at a group when one person is causing the problem
- Get practice dealing with difficult situations
- Prepare for challenging discussions
- Be a Confident Manager
- Make good decisions about what you can do well and what others should do
- Be assertive, not aggressive or passive
- Identify your control patterns
- Know what your time is worth
- Have the self-assurance to mentor others
Ted Janusz has delivered over 750 full-day seminars in 49 of the 50 United States, from Halifax to Vancouver, and in Australia and Puerto Rico. His work has been featured on sites like BusinessWeek.com and MSNBC.com and he was invited to appear on the FOX News Channel. Ted earned his MBA in Marketing from the University of Pittsburgh.
Six (6) credits for the MI Chamber Basic or Advanced Management and Supervision Certification Program.
Four and one half (4.5) HR (General) recertification credit hours for PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute.
Four and one half (4.5) PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP.